Investigative Historian & Author
Centre for the Humanities, School of Social Sciences and Humanities of NOVA University Lisbon
PORTUGAL E O SEGREDO DE COLOMBO (PORTUGAL 2019)
Available Academic Articles
Best World History Book of 2016
- Huffington Post
Columbus Day Will Never Be The Same Again
Free Upcoming Lectures
Another nutty conspiracy theory!! That’s what I first supposed. I now believe Columbus is guilty of a huge fraud.
- Prof. James T. McDonough, Jr.
Lies, Spies & Conspiracies
Regarded as the world's foremost authority on Christopher Columbus, Dr. Manuel Rosa received his PhD in Insular and Atlantic History (XV-XX Centuries) at Azores University with the dissertation CRISTOFORO COLOMBO versus CRISTÓBAL COLÓN. The investigation proved that the Italian weaver from Genoa, touted as being the navigator, was not the same person as noble navigator from Iberia.
This groundbreaking research was preceded by many books published internationally and hailed as history changing. The books exposed Columbus as a secret agent at the service of Portugal deceiving Spain with a false route to India in order to safeguard the real route for Portugal. Columbu’s secret mission was a success!
Dr. Rosa's own "voyage of discovery" began during the Columbus quincentennial, when his doubts were stirred by the marriage of a supposedly lowly foreign weaver to a highborn Portuguese lady. Such a union might pass muster as a fairy tale today, but it would have been unthinkable in 1479. The closer Dr. Rosa looked, the more certain he became that he was looking at an intentional coverup. Before long his research was bearing results. Now, after 30 years of research, a new Christopher Columbus emerges. The 1492 explorer was not a peasant weaver, but a Polish Prince.
Dr. Rosa received the Boston Globe’s Art Merit Award in 1976, the Lockheed Martin Lightning Award in 2002, the American Institute of Polish Culture’s Special Recognition Award in 2015, and the MediaTravel Columbus Award in 2017. He has authored nine books on Christopher Columbus history and has appeared on BBC, NPR, the Travel Channel's "Expedition Unknown," and numerous foreign-language media. His work was featured on the cover of Newsweek’s Polish subsidiary in 2011. He served as advisor to UNESCO and the Haitian government on matters related to Columbus' lost ship, the Santa Maria.
He lectures on Columbus at American and European universities. (More)
Dr. Rosa’s lecture presents evidence that Columbus was a Polish Prince,
not an Italian weaver!
October 6 at 6:30 pm
University of North Florida
Adam Herbert U. Center
12000 Alumni Dr, Jacksonville, Florida
October 7 at 4:30 pm
Argyle Branch Library
7973 Old Middleburg Road S, Jacksonville, Florida
October 15 at 7:00 pm
Polish Russian Lithuanian American Citizen's Club
12 Cheever St,
Attention: Association Cristovao Colon is in great need of your donations to continue supporting Dr. Manuel Rosa’s free lectures. Please visit our webpage today to donate to this non-profit organization.
Manuel Rosa is awarded top
2017 MediaTravel Columbus Awards in Lodz, Poland, on October 28, 2017 in honor of 26 years of research into Columbus’ life.
- What Manuel Rosa has accomplished by writing "Columbus-The Untold Story" is stunning. Through his extensive research, familiarity with traditions and customs of the times, and his mastery of Portuguese, Italian, and Spanish, he has managed to piece together and expose a history, taught to us and our children, fraught with inaccuracies and outright lies about "The Great Discoverer," Christopher Columbus.
- A lot of detail… a fascinating story and impressive research.
- I have read many books on Columbus, but Columbus - The untold story gives only rational reason why Columbus advised the Spanish Crown to sail West to reach the Indies! He was Portuguese and a Portuguese agent.
- Sometimes the work of scrupulous historians with a very inquisitive mind offers us a very decent and convincing account on the historical revisionism. Recently Manuel Rosa the American amateur historian with Portuguese roots provided a book entitled “Columbus - The untold story'', in which he presented convincing theory already partially supported even by investigations of DNA material … This is a example of a very decent and well-researched historical revisionism that is supported by the scrupulous and tedious analysis of available sources.
- The truth is so much more exciting than the fiction taught in school books. Columbus - The untold story has made me wonder... What other "history" has been twisted?
- Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence and Manuel Rosa did an unbelievable job as an investigative detective matching up documents from different countries to show how the world had accepted a history as being written in stone when it was actually written on shifting sands. The amount of new information in Columbus the Untold Story is amazing and it has convinced me that Columbus was indeed a Portuguese secret double agent and the 1492 voyage was all a big ruse against Spain. This book will make a great cloak and dagger film. I highly recommend its reading to anyone who likes history, true conspiracy and mystery detective novels, except this one turns out to be a true story.
- Fantastic book. The author methodically checks off the lies, the misinformation, the forgeries, and focuses on the aspects of Colón's life the historians have ignored or tried to explain away with ridiculous assertions…. I cannot wait for more information to come to light!
- Columbus the Untold Story deals meticulously over Columbus’s name and country of origin. I’ll say the book is painstaking in trying to determine Cristoforo’s birth and lineage through an interesting theory on why Columbus’s stuck to his discovery of ‘India.’
- If you want a book that is well researched, complete with details and sources, then this is the tome for you… a stunning array of artifacts and data, complete with DNA test results; one that resulted in the deceitfulness of power, of politics, false identities and false discoveries… connects the dots to a medieval conspiracy, so massive, so bold, so risky, and so well executed, that it has continued to fool the world for 500 years. Columbus the Untold Story , without a doubt, is one of the best to captivate me in a very long time.
the books that are changing history!
Manuel Rosa on interviewes and other TV appearances regarding his book, COLUMBUS-THE UNTOLD STORY, more on YouTube…
© Association Cristovao Colon and Manuel Rosa 2016